qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Target-agnostic virtio?
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:49:53 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 14/04/13 10:38, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>
>>> Do you have an example kernel .config and qemu command line showing how
>>> use virtio for those? (Or a working sparc64 image you can point me to?)
>>

>> Yes. Will send it to you as I get to my home machine. Can you make them
>> available on your site?
>

> Note that there is a section of test kernel images on the QEMU site at
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing, so if you could upload it to there that would
> be great :)

I don't see how to upload files. Can only edit the page.

>> I have a Debian Wheezy RC1 / SPARC64 How-To, it would be nice to link to
>> the .config and kernel, so people would be able to install it just by
>> a few clicks.
>

> This is very interesting - could you post a link to the how-to?

I temporarily put it offline till I find a hosting for the kernel. For
some reason the standard Wheezy/sparc64 kernel is not stable under
QEMU.
Stay tuned. :)

Artyom

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

linux/sparc and solaris/sparc under qemu blog:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu