qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V2 10/10] cpus: reclaim allocated vCPU objects

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V2 10/10] cpus: reclaim allocated vCPU objects
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:34:43 +0200

I have tested with 3.11 kernel, Kernel should be fine.. But it wouldn't harm testing with latest kernel, may be it can provide some extra hints..

Anshul Makkar

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Bharata B Rao <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Anshul Makkar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> During plugging we can see this event: echo 1 > cpu8/online.
>
> But during unplugging , we can't see the event echo 0 > cpu8/online.

That's because I didn't do that explicitly, was always trying to
remove an online cpu from the monitor w/o explicitly offlining it from
inside the guest. Either ways I still see the removed CPU being listed
in QEMU monitor.

I don't ever hit any of the below code paths during CPU removal:

cpus.c: qemu_kvm_destroy_vcpu()
cpus.c: x86_cpu_finalizefn()

I see CPU_REMOVE() being called from above two routines.

And neither does hw/acpi/cpu_hotplug.c:cpu_status_write() gets called
here. Does the message "ACPI: Device does not support D3cold" guest
kernel throws during hot removal is causing this behaviour here ?
Guest kernel is 3.11.10, should I be on latest kernel ?

Regards,
Bharata.