qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 64-bit build of qemu-system-arm with mingw-w64 not func

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 64-bit build of qemu-system-arm with mingw-w64 not functional
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:39:05 +0100

On 8 April 2015 at 15:13, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> p.s. I'm always amazed when for exact tasks, like complex
> builds, people prefer narrative recipes instead of ready
> to run scripts...

I agree generally, though this one is tedious because it
involves several different machines. The reason it ended
up as a narrative is because it's a one-time setup task
that required a bunch of exploration and trials to get
to something that worked. At that point it's in a state
which is "works for me" and it's less effort for me just
to cut-and-paste the notes I made in the exploration
process than to go back and write a script. If I ever
need to do the setup again myself, then I'll probably
script it in the course of doing that second run-through.
But so far I haven't needed to (and it's been nearly a year).

-- PMM