qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 0/3] Implement a warning_report function

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v1 0/3] Implement a warning_report function
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:45:41 -0700

QEMU currently has a standard method to report errors with
error_repot(). This ensure a sane and standard format when printing
errors. This series is attempting to add the same functionality for
warnings.

At the moment only one error is being converted, I wanted to get the
implementation nailed down a little bit before I started converting
others.

This patch renames error_print_loc() function to be more clear, but I
didn't bother renaming the others. It seems silly to change
error_printf() to error_warning_printf() and printf is already taken so
I just left it as is.

I also didn't change the current error output as that would probably
break backwards compatibilty for anyone who is parsing logs.

Alistair Francis (3):
  util/qemu-error: Rename error_print_loc() to be more generic
  util/qemu-error: Add a warning_report() function
  char-socket: Report TCP socket waiting as a warning

 chardev/char-socket.c       |  2 +-
 include/qemu/error-report.h |  2 ++

2.11.0