Re: [Qemu-discuss] windows 7 guest deactivated after qemu update from 2.

From: Stefan Treuheit
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] windows 7 guest deactivated after qemu update from 2.0.0 to 2.3.0
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:03:05 +0200

Am 09.08.2015 12:50, schrieb Stefan Treuheit:
after upgradeing my qemu installation from 2.0.0 to 2.3.0 my windows 7 guest installation bacame deactivated. If I run the same disk image with the same parameters in qemu 2.0.0 again windows 7 is still activated. Are there any changes in hardware presented to the guest between qemu versions? The only difference I can see in windows hardware manager is the CPU name. It contains the quemu version number. I tried to use another type of cpu (-cpu kvm64) windows 7 is still activated (in qemu 2.0.0). I tried other versions of qemu too. The only way to have an activated windows 7 is to run it in qemu 2.0.0. It's important to know that I used qemu 2.0.0 when activating the installation with an unused OEM key. There must be a difference in hardware seen by windows 7. What hardware cold that be?

of course the other cpu did not deactivate windows. It must besomething other.