[Qemu-discuss] Setting a interface name with qemu-bridge-helper?

From: Shaun Reitan
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Setting a interface name with qemu-bridge-helper?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 00:34:16 +0000

When starting vm's with '-netdev bridge,id=net0,br=br0' each vm is given a tapX interface name and from what I can tell, there is no simple way to figure out which interface belongs to which VM.

I'd like to see a name option added to it which would be passed along to the qemu-bridge-helper. Something like '-netdev bridge,id=net0,br=br0,name=vm1net0' or '-netdev bridge,id=net0,br=br0,ifname=vm1net0'

Any reason why setting the tap's interface name was left out before I go attempting to patch this functionality in? Or maybe is there a fast and simple way to get the tap interface of the VM

--
Shaun Reitan
NDCHost.com