qexo-general

[Qexo-general] variable following name error

From: Guyren G Howe
Subject: [Qexo-general] variable following name error
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:07:11 -0600

Grateful for some advice on code that appears valid to me.

I get java.lang.Error: invalid syntax - variable following name

when I try to execute the following code:

declare function idx($seq,$item) {
for $x at $i in $seq
where $x = $item
return $i
}

This is using kawa-1.7.jar. I'm actually calling it from jython, but I can't imagine that matters. Note that I can happily execute other simple functions.

I would be most grateful for advice about making this work. XQuery and Qexo look to be very useful.