quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Re: quilt

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Re: quilt
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:39:42 +0200

Hi Peter,

The file quilt/fork.in is missing.

The patch adds a copy of .pc/applied-patches (the list of applied patchers)
that include the path names to the patches. I don't like this approach, it
allows inconsistencies between the two files. Would Tom rework this to store
the path names directly in .pc/applied-patches? This will require a few
changes in other scripts, but the result will be better.

Somebody should rework the patch name mangling inside the scripts from passing
the mangled name to passing the full name between the scripts. I am planning
to eventually do that, but I have no time in the foreseeable future. Maybe
you or Tom wants to give that a try.

The $"blah" syntax in the scripts is for internationalization. (Weird to have
i18n shell scripts, isn't it?)

On Friday 25 July 2003 20:00, Peter Braam wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I'm attaching the first patch from Tom Wang with some of the new features
> we discussed.  This one includes:
>
>  - quilt fork
>  - more careful checking on pop  (Tom: update quilt help pop for this
> please) - minor fix to the rpm spec file (it works like this on rh9)
>  - disable install of README in install target, because the RPM won't build
>    otherwise on rh9 - a better fix is needed
>
> This patch applied to CVS as of this morning.
>
> Would you mind a flag to quilt setup that points at a rpm.spec/series file
> and patches directory and creates the two symlinks locally in the working
> area, or is that supported already?

You mean this?

        $ cd $WORKING_DIR
        $ ln -s $PATCHES_DIR patches