quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.4

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.43?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:40:58 +0000

Tag!

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 18:44, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>>Latest CVS HEAD now works on darwin provided I have installed GNU awk,
>>and GNU coreutils (for cp and date).  However, I get a spurious test
>>failure in import.test because the BSD diff output format differs from
>>the GNU diff output format with "diff -U 1024" as invoked at line 63
>>of quilt/import.in.
>

> This should fix it, right?

Better... but there is still something going on that I don't understand :-(

  $ ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/+inst
  $ make
  $ make check
  [95] $ quilt import -f t/patch1.diff -- failed
  Replacing patch patches/patch1.diff with new version != Patch headers
differ:
  ~                                     != @@ -1 +1 @@
  ~                                     != -original description
  ~                                     != +new description
  ~                                     != Please use -d {o|a|n} to
specify which patch header(s) to keep.
  [102] $ quilt import -d a -f t/patch1.diff -- ok
  [106] $ head -n 3 patches/patch1.diff -- failed
  original description                  == original description
  new description                       != ---
  ---                                   != new description

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}