quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.4

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.43?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:44:51 +0000

Tag Andreas,

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 13:22, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>> Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
>>> I have removed our reliance on ftw and implemented directory walking in
>>> lib/backup-files.c itself based on Gary's proposal,
>>> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00133.html>.
>>> Gary, it took a while, but eventually you've won -- thank you ;)
>> Cool.  Thanks :-D
>>
>>> Could you guys please review the changes, and check if backup-files now
>>> builds on the platforms we are targeting?
>> Works for me on darwin, although there are new test failures...
>>
>> The Mac OSX version of find (a BSD derivative) doesn't understand -printf,
>> but the test in configure.ac only tests for a find that understands -path
>> (which this one does).
>>
>> Patch to revert that change to avoid forcing Mac users to build and install
>> GNU findutils is attached.
>
> That's bad. I'd prefer the attached version; it doesn't need the loop.

Works for me.  :-)

>> Also, I note that my patch 11 is still pending, and required on any machine
>> where the first cp, diff, awk etc. on the caller's PATH are not the
>> versions checked for and found by configure.
>>
>>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00289.html
>
> Checked in, thanks.

Great!  Thankyou.

Latest CVS HEAD now works on darwin provided I have installed GNU awk,
and GNU coreutils (for cp and date).  However, I get a spurious test
failure in import.test because the BSD diff output format differs from
the GNU diff output format with "diff -U 1024" as invoked at line 63
of quilt/import.in.

Incase the test suite can be easily fixed to pass in this case, the
error looks like:

  [95] $ quilt import -f t/patch1.diff -- failed
  /Users/gary/devel/savannah/quilt-HEAD/quilt/import: line 77: [: =: unary
operator expected != Patch headers differ:
  /Users/gary/devel/savannah/quilt-HEAD/quilt/import: line 78: [: =: unary
operator expected != @@ -1 +1 @@
  /Users/gary/devel/savannah/quilt-HEAD/quilt/import: line 79: [: =: unary
operator expected != -original description
  Replacing patch patches/patch1.diff with new version != +new description
  ~                                     != Please use -d {o|a|n} to specify
which patch header(s) to keep.
  [102] $ quilt import -d a -f t/patch1.diff -- ok
  [106] $ head -n 3 patches/patch1.diff -- failed
  original description                  == original description
  new description                       != ---
  ---                                   != new description

The workaround is to install GNU diff, and configure with:

  ./configure --with-diff=/opt/local/bin/gdiff

in which case all the tests pass.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--