[RP] Bug: odd resize behaviour

From: Rupert Levene
Subject: [RP] Bug: odd resize behaviour
Date: Wed Mar 26 21:34:02 2003

In the latest cvs ratpoison I get this odd behviour with resize:

1. Make one window and split it horizontally
2. Issue the resize command
3. Hold down the C-n key until the window fills the screen

At this point the C-p key appears to do nothing. Also another frame is
created. You can see this by splitting the window again so its lower
edge becomes visible and cycling through the frames with the focus
command.

I get analogous behaviour if I split vertically and hold down the C-f
key instead.

There's also some slightly odd behaviour if I try to make a frame
resize past the top of the screen, although in this case it doesn't
get stuck -- i.e. repeated use of C-p doesn't leave me with C-n doing
nothing. It seems that rather than assigning a negative frame height
it gives it a huge height. Again, similar behaviour in the C-f/C-b
case.

My suggestion would be to fix it so that all the resize keys always
work, and that after the resize operation is complete, all frames are
resized so that they fit on the screen and then any that have negative
dimensions are removed.

Rupert