Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison idea

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison idea
Date: Sun Apr 6 14:06:03 2003

Björn Lindström <address@hidden> writes:

> Another solution to this might be if ratpoison could ignore
> certain windows, group transients with their parents, or
> something like that.

I'm interested to hear this but what is it a solution for?

> Anyway, if you're going to have a window list built in, why not
> make it useful? Making a useless feature useful i would call the
> opposite of bloating, rather than wank.

Now hold on here. The window list as a row of windows is not
useless. I worked very well with screen when the window names were one
word. Under X, the window titles are often long strings, so the bar
doesn't work for that very well. It's hard to tell when one window
name ends and the next one starts and the bar often runs off the edge
of the screen.

If you run 'defwinname name' then the window's name will be one
word. And the bar is quite useful. But you lose some information you
*may* find useful. Most of the time I don't miss it.

So it's not that it's not useful.

Shawn