[RP] ratpoison and scim

From: Brian May
Subject: [RP] ratpoison and scim
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:49:50 +1000

With regards to this issue - how do I find out what window has the
keyboard focus? Preferably without upsetting the keyboard focus  (e.g.
by logging on via another console and running a command that queries the
X server).

My theory is that ratpoison and scim interact badly and the result is
the keyboard focus goes to the wrong spot.

...only problem with this theory is sometimes the problem occurs while I
am in the middle of typing :-(.

Pushing "c-t l" all the time is annoying - especially since "c-t l" is
very close to "c-t k" :-(

A number of times I have typed in an entire additional paragraph in a
window, only to find my key strokes have gone to /dev/null, and then I
accidentally kill the window trying to get the keyboard working again.

--
Brian May <address@hidden>