Re: [RP] ratpoison and scim

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison and scim
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:01:38 -0700

Brian May <address@hidden> writes:

> That is the C API isn't it? Is there a program already written that
> will do this?

Here's one:

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
void main () {Display *dpy = XOpenDisplay(NULL); Window w; int r;
XGetInputFocus(dpy,&w,&r); printf ("%ld %d\n", w, r); XCloseDisplay(dpy);}

don't forget -lX11 when you build it :).

> Is this "Unhandled property notify event" something I should be looking
> at? Or is this normal behaviour?
>
> I think maybe its normal because I see that even when everything is working.

Yeah it's normal. rp gets notified any time a property changes just in
case it's one rp is interested in, like window name. The rest it just
ignores.

-Shawn