Re: [RP] Finch window resize

From: Ingo Krabbe
Subject: Re: [RP] Finch window resize
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:55:04 +0100

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 07:45:08AM +0100, Mehturt wrote:
> I posted this bug in the pidgin/finch bug tracking system, but they
> seem to indicate it might be ratpoison's fault - what do you think?
>
> "I am using finch with ratpoison WM on GNU/Linux. I have conversation
> window open, which is maximized. When I split screen vertically, the
> window is still maximized, taking 1/2 of the screen - this is correct.
> When I remove the other window, the terminal window is taking the
> whole screen again, but the conversation window is taking only 1/2 of
> the terminal window - it should be maximized taking the whole terminal
> window again. "

This is far from being a ratpoison bug, as finch uses curses to render
contents within a terminal window.  Ratpoison signals the terminal to
resize the window.  Actually there is a BSD Signal SIGWINCH, that might
be supported and that can be used by curses and finch to actually resize
the content.

But if that signal is not implemented or finch does not react on that
signal (or the curses handler for that signal), you will experience what
you do.  So its still a finch problem I would say.

If you use screen inside of your terminal, then you might run into other
problems too, if you share a screen session in multiple terminals.

bye ingo