Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:29:52 -0700

> Hello, I'm having trouble backing up files > 2gb. I can back up the
> large file for the first time, but any subsequent attempts result in an
> error. This is the error I get:
>
> python: ERROR: (rs_file_copy_cb) seek failed: Invalid argument
> python: ERROR: (rs_job_complete) patch job failed: IO error
> UpdateError bigfile librsync error 100 while in patch cycle

This looks like a librsync problem.  (When backing up initially,
rdiff-backup doesn't use librsync, just when updating.)  Make sure you
are running the latest version of librsync.  You can test it in
isolation by running "rdiff" (an binary included in librsync) in a
sig/diff/patch cycle.

Check also the librsync mailing lists; there has been much discussion
there of largefile issues.

--
Ben Escoto