Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:42:01 +1000

On  1 Jun 2004, Paul P Komkoff Jr <address@hidden> wrote:
> Replying to Ben:
> > rsync actually works:
> >
> > rsync -auvroge ssh address@hidden:test test
>
> rsync isn't dependent on librsync.
>
> If you are compiling and installing librsync yourself, from sources,
> you can do 'make test' or 'make check' (trouble remembering exact
> command) in librsync build directory. It should pass all tests.

Yes, it should, but I don't think the 'make check' in 0.9.6 tests that
large files work.  It should probably have that as an optional test,
given how much trouble it has caused.

You can try './rdiff --version' which will tell you if it thinks it
supports large files, but that might not be correct.

--
Martin