[rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup users error 107 - any progress?

From: Clint Silvester
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup users error 107 - any progress?
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:02:00 -0700

Harry Coin wrote:

Clint,

I'm having the same problem you are with librsync underying rdiff-backup. Same error message, same issue with a very large file being 'pulled' to the backup server over ssh from a remote location hosting the original.

Same 20+ hour backup time,  same error message.

I'm about ready to punt.  There's some subtle bug in librsync.

I'm using freebsd 5.3 FWIW.

Harry Coin

Harry Coin
N4 Communications
http://www.n4comm.com

Yeah, it's sad that there's such a promising tool but won't work for us. We have just too much data to even backup across a network every night. I wish I was a programmer and could tell where things go wrong. Let me know if you find any other similar options for this situation.

Clint Silvester