Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string

From: Gary Mulder
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:29:02 -0500

Perhaps it is an issue with directory creation. Your 5 cases below don't exclude this case.

You could try doing case #3 after removing all the files (but not the directories), which you can do by running:

        find . -type f -exec rm {} \;

Gary

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

In fact, I've now managed to narrow it down to this:

1) If I restore to a not-yet-existing directory, I get the dreaded
"Truncated header string" error.

2) If I restore to an empty directory, I still get the error.

3) If I restore to a fully populated directory, I get no error.  This
just means that the problem is likely to exist around the retrieval,
transmission and application of an rdiff.

4) If I restore to a populated directory from which I've removed the
file that causes the error (ED5049A0.tar.gz), I get no error.

5) If I create a new backup test containing only the file that causes
the error, and test that instead, I get no error.