Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string

From: Low Kian Seong
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:30:13 +0800 (CST)

--- Keith Edmunds <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:50:49 +0200
> Sheldon Hearn <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What's interesting is that this has been reported
> many times, by many
> > people, and doesn't seem to have been addressed.
> Is rdiff-backup
> > unmaintained, or is it just that folks with the
> clue to fix it haven't
> > seen the problem themselves?
>
> I'd hesitate to say it's unmaintained - while he was
> around, Ben (the
> author) was extremely helpful. As I understand it
> he's changed his working
> day (I think he was at university and how now left),
> and doesn't seem to
> have time for rdiff-backup anymore. So yes, I
> suppose it is unmaintained.
> There are a few patches around, but it would be good
> to collate them.

saradiya has already suggested this with an earlier
email but there weren't any takers. How about taking
him up on the offer. It would be a shame to see such a
great project bite it.

> Is anyone in touch with Ben?

I have tried emailing him several times using the
several emails that were available, but to no avail.

http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/RdiffBackupWiki