Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ListError on Solaris "door" files

From: Tony and Robyn Lewis
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ListError on Solaris "door" files
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:46:59 +1100

Ben Escoto wrote:
Tony and Robyn Lewis <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:49:31 +1100

Looking at the files, they are "door" files.  Neither
"--exclude-device-files" nor "--exclude-special-files" excludes them.  I
haven't tried expressly excluding the files, but I'd rather not have to.

Should something --exclude-*-files be expected to handle these?

I'm using rdiff-backup 1.0.3 on SPARC Solaris 9.

There's no specific option to exclude door files, but a ListError has
the same effect---rdiff-backup will act as if those files don't exist.
(There's no door-specific code in rdiff-backup so it doesn't know they
are special files, only that it can't handle them.)

So anyway, just ignore those ListErrors.

Would it be a good idea to handle these without displaying an error (i.e. putting in some code to handle ListErrors)?

In my context, I'm planning to use rdiff-backup in cron, to do regular backups of, say, /etc, and I'd like to *not* have to parse the response to mask out false positive problems.

Tony