Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:03:06 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Ben Escoto wrote:

> > try <http://arctic.org/~dean/rdiff-backup/backup-statistics>
> > ... give it the path to your mirror.
>
> What do you think about adding this to the rdiff-backup distribution?
> It might be nice to rewrite it in python, and maybe add some bloat.

including it is cool with me... but my python skills are still in the
"look at other code and mimic it" stage of development :)

at the moment i've got a bunch of other coding on my plate though... so if
you or someone else wants to run with it, i'd be happy.

> For instance I'd like to see a list of any files/directories that
> contribute to more than 5% of total size (there could be at most 20 of
> these).  Any subdirectories mentioned could be subtracted from the
> total.  Like if /var contributes 17% total, and /var/spool contributes
> 15%, only /var/spool would be listed.

yeah that'd probably be a good change... i tend to just eyeball the daily
results i get from my ~100 user server and usually the peak "new" or peak
"inc" lines just pop out and i find someone's new mp3 collection.  but
cutting back on the extra fluff in the output would be helpful.

-dean