Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:56:34 -0600

> Hi Ben,
>
> > Yes, callbacks may be easier than parsing rdiff-backup output, but
> > right now rdiff-backup doesn't support callbacks, and doesn't really
> > have a stable API.  Aside from the callback issue, I don't see the API
> > being much friendlier than spawning an rdiff-backup process.
>
> If I added them to the code, would you allow me to distribute the
> resulting code, to call it rdiff-backup, and would you consider
> merging it with your main tree?

You mean adding callbacks?  I don't think I would have a problem
adding some kind of callback to the main tree.  You can of course
redistribute rdiff-backup, but in general we'd want to avoid the
situation where there are two different programs both called
"rdiff-backup 1.2.12" or whatever.

--
Ben Escoto