[rdiff-backup-users] exit status

From: Jacques Botha
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] exit status
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:19:38 +0200

Hi all

I am looking for a list of exit status codes for rdiff-backup

i.e: I do not want to alert when a non-critical error occurred. Say a
file changed while backing up, rdiff-backup make an alert, but
ultimately the backup was successful, I don't want to alert.

If the backup fails because the remote machine ran out of disk space, or
if it could not connect to remote machine in the first place, or
something critical that prevents the backup from completing, I want to
alert.

The 0 or 1 exit status as described in the man page does not quite cater
for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Jacques Botha
South Africa

Slashdot Fortune of the Day: Look, this is Debian. They don’t release
things until you have to fire rockets at the thing to stop it working !