Re: [rdiff-backup-users] quick version compatibility question ...

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] quick version compatibility question ...
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:36:57 -0400

On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Juri Mianovich wrote:
I have rdiff-backup 1.0.4 deployed in multiple (server) locations.

The client side of things is distributed and hard to get at. They are all running 1.0.4 as well.

I would like to deploy the new 1.2.0 release on my server side.

Will the 1.0.4 clients out in the field continue to function properly if the server side suddenly warps to 1.2.0 ? Will their data sets still be intact and continue to update and ... work ?

No. The network protocol has changed from the 1.0.x series to the 1.2.x series.

Andrew