Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Remote nice level

From: Gavin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Remote nice level
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:38:29 +1000

This is what I use in a bash script for a Grails autobuild process:
#!/bin/sh

# Lower the cpu priority on this and all spawned process.
renice +19 -p $$ &> /dev/null

# Lower the IO priority
ionice -c2 -n7 -p $$ &> /dev/null

# Any commands here are run at low priority
grails war

It free's the server up quite nicely but is not remote.
You could create a wrapper script so that the real rdiff-backup is called
with this configuration.

Cheers
Gavin