rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] New installer / bootdisk

From: Gordon Buzowetsky
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] New installer / bootdisk
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:24:02 -0600

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:42:54 -0500
Devon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First off, is anyone still out there? ;)
>
> I've been playing around with the boot disk idea.
>
> I managed to script an install using a custom bootdisk containing the
> kernel and filesystem, plus one additional disk containing the rpm
binary.
> Currently, the installer will install a base system only. I'm working on

> adding additional scripts to add networking support, openssh, etc.

Yup couple of us owls still out prowling...:-))

Will give that a try right smartly....will download tonite and try early
tomorrow,  this owl's gonna roost shortly...

Had 0.0.9...that looked real good...but never got to install.  I'm gonna
pull some ram out of my P166...try and get it down to 16meg..just for this
experiment..

Thoughts.........had grub installed only once...had a bunch of trouble
with it and had a devil of a time getting rid of it....seems a low-level
format was the final solution..  My preference would be lilo....G