rule-list

[Rule-list] Font server, and tips to reduce RAM needs

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] Font server, and tips to reduce RAM needs
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:24:23 +0100

Among other things, Bill Crawford said:

[snipped lots of interesting things about fonts and how to save RAM..]

Bill,

thanks for all your comments. Some are already reflected in the web
pages, others will be soon.

In the meantime, I would like to invite you, and everybody else of
course, to share as many "obscure" RAM saving tips as possible (I
refer to things like "because I set the scrollback size high": I would
have never thought of that..)

Another area interesting me is the font server. I know that other
distributions (slackware?) just don't use it, at least as stand-alone
workstations. Can we port RH to do the same? How?

Any feedback appreciated

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti
                RULE project leader

--
There are tasks that cannot be done by more than ten men, or less than
one hundred