rule-list

[Rule-list] TinyX and Red Hat version

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] TinyX and Red Hat version
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 09:43:24 +0100

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 23:47:58 at 11:47:58PM -0600, Gordon Buzowetsky
(address@hidden) wrote:

(please let's keep different topics in different threads)

> Will the TinyX still work with the 7.2 disks or is RH 8.0 a
> requirement???
>
> Or can I just install the RULE iso, for a base and then
> TinyX over top?

Pending further comments from Michael, I'd think that:

1) The binary should not be expected to work in RH 7.2 because
   compiled with newer gcc/libraries and what not

2) You could certainly take any makefile/patch from Michael and
   recompile everything on 7.2, but the RULE point (or in other words
   the real requirement on TinyX or any other app we play with) is
   to focus on/ remove fat from the current Red Hat version, shouldn't
   it?

     Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti