rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] vacuum example

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] vacuum example
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 01:27:45 +0100

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> What is important is that we use and have to maintain only one list
> of files to be removed per package per RH version
>
>         emacs_bloat_RH_8.0_20021130
>         Xfree_bloat_RH_8.0_20021130
>
>         etc...
>
> I think to "one list per rpm" so it is easier to match cleaning
> actions with packages. The date in the names above is some way to
> remember that a bloat list must be updated when the RPM package for
> RH x.x has a new release.

Maybe use the version numbers of the RH scripts so you can easyly
determine in the script which version of bloat list to use? I think
about custom install CDs which already use the newest updated
packages...

> So, as long as the format of the bloat lists is  thought to support
> both cases, we can optimize each tool for each task

Agreed.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/