Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Spam on a fresh mailing list

From: Stephan Peijnik
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:54:59 +0200

Hi,

I can confirm this issue. It also exists for address@hidden, which
was also created 2 June.

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 03:06:56PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> This mailing list was created on 2 June, it already receives spam.
>
> Do you think it is because it's mentioned in the mailman list of
> lists?

We might want to have a closer look at the access logs of the httpd running
on lists.gnu.org.

However, where is the full list address mentioned there? I suspect it's the
issue is rather caused by the Savannah project pages. Do we provide
non-authenticated users with full list addresses there? If so, we might
want to change that to a link pointing to
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/listname.

Regards,

Stephan