Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: CVS server clogged up

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: CVS server clogged up
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:49:02 -0500

    I don't deny that explanation, but it needs confirmation.

The issue in my case was (and is) about my ISP and further connectivity
to savannah.  It has nothing to do with savannah itself or the GNU
machines -- it was/is about the network topology between me and them.

SO, the only way I can see for you to confirm it is for you try some
testing from different locations next time it happens.  I mean, try cvs
operations from a completely different machine.  (If you don't have
access to any other machines, you could get an account on
fencepost.gnu.org.)

I have also used tcptraceroute (web searches should turn it up) to help
debug where the problem might lie.

    A day down is very inconvenient to a busy developer.

Of course.

    The CVS history file would tell.  What does it say?

There is no one "the" history file.  CVS history is kept per project.
I'm sorry, I don't have time to research whether other projects did
successful cvs commits during the time it was failing for you.  Maybe
another savannah hacker can do so.

karl