Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mercurial ssh access issues

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mercurial ssh access issues
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:06:38 +0200

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Good idea. Try to see if you can modify backend/account/sv_membersh.in
>  in this regard.
>
>  "cd /srv/hg/project" is a good idea, it permits to avoid the /srv/hg
>  path. Too bad I didn't think of this for SVN and Git at Savannah ;)

I have added automatic authorized_keys command modification in this commit:

http://github.com/aleix/savane-cleanup/commit/0062cd754fcde31519e7460d0058266df31b04e7

I have modified sv_users.in instead of sv_membersh.in, because there
where the UserAddSSHKey calls are found. I have added and extra
argument for the ssh command to execute. It can be empty and only the
key will be saved (as before).

I have added a new file sv_ssh_access.in that only executes
SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND (seems to work fine).

I have also solved an issue when adding ssh keys. It seems that NULL
(i.e. when user has no ssh keys) were returned as 0, and the current
checks did not handle it, so the authorized_keys file was created with
a 0.

May be an extra configuration file would be better, indicating whether
to use authorized_keys command or not. Or we could leave it like that
and add a configuration file (when needed) for the sv_ssh_access
script.

And other thing I've seen, is that tabs are used. Is this the default?
I'd rather use spaces as as tabs are not very friendly (diffs,
printing, different tab settings, etc.).

Any comments would be welcome.

Aleix