[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:05:15 -0600

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 07:41:17AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

As far as I know there's no bidirectional gateway that allow CVS and
bzr to keep in sync (you can mirror CVS into a bzr branch, but you
can't merge bzr back to CVS).

We may keep both in sync by hand for a short time, till we're sure bzr is stable. Thanks for getting this rolling.

You'll also need to convert the repository; I don't think there's a
standard way to do so, so you need to check how you want to convert
it, which branches you want to retain (one branch = one
sub-repository), etc.

Will this work: http://people.ubuntu.com/~robertc/gnash-20080618.tar.gz, who is one of the bzr developers, and converted it for us.

once you have a converted repository, but maybe we'll have to wait for
its long awaited new version, as previously suggested.

  Any rough ideas on when this could happen ?

        - rob -