Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Setting up Bzr hosting for Savannah
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:56:20 +0200

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:27:31AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:05:15PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
>>
>> In principle it should work with:
>>   bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/gnash/branches/HEAD
>> but right now this doesn't seem to work.
>
>   I get this when I try
> bzr branch bzr+ssh://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/gnash test
> Permission denied (publickey).
> bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: please check connectivity and permissions
> (and try -Dhpss if further diagnosis is required)

You probably need to specify the Savannah username:
bzr+ssh://address@hidden/HEAD

>   Using anonymous gets a little further, but then I get this when using
> the URLs on the savannah bzr page:
> bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/gnash test
> bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/gnash/".

That's the default bzr repository when the project is freshly
created. In this case the gnash converted repository has a different
layout. /gnash/ is not a branch, but /gnash/branches/HEAD/ is.

(there's a similar issue with SVN, where not everybody uses '/trunk'
for their main repo)

I don't know if you had a look at the tar.gz from robertc, but the
layout is:
/gnash/branches/XXX
/gnash/tags/XXX

/gnash/ itself contain the blobs shared by all branches. Perhaps
there's a way to make it a branch, which might be more intuitive than
"/gnash/branches/HEAD/"

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/ (loggerhead) answers but is really slow.

I noticed that the bzr:// protocol doesn't seem to support the
progress status bar. Using http://
(http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/branches/HEAD/) does, though HTTP
is generally slower when serving multiple files. Both methods have a
'warmup' time for me (~30s), before the download actually begins.

Downloading the branch takes ~140M. I also played with Git to compare,
and it takes 50M. For quick testing, the 50M 'bzr branch --lightweight'
may be better (though more limited).