Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:23:23 +1100

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:56:12 +1100
>> From: Tim Cross <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, "Michael J. Flickinger" <address@hidden>
>> > What happens if you get a fresh checkout of emacs into a new
>> > repository?  That's working for me.
>> I cannot get one! Both bzr pull and bzr branch exit with the same
>> error.
> Does "bzr branch" fail after a similar short time, or after a much
> longer time?  For me, "bzr branch" fails after exactly one hour, if
> I'm on a sufficiently slow network connection that prevents the
> command to do its job faster.

The bzr branch last slightly longer - and I do mean slightly. The
output shows bzr pull fails after 2kb and bzr branch after 9kb. So, in
reality, its about the same and very quick i.e. under 30 seconds for

>> It seems to be restricted to just repositories hosted on savannah.
> Agreed.

Actually, I might have confused things there. While bzr pull over an
existing copy obtained via bzr branch http:// failed, it would seem
bzr branch http:// is working (waiting to see if it finished before 1
hour or dies at the 1 hour mark!). As Martin pointed out, launchpad
uses http and not bzr, so its not a good comparison.

Looking more like a problem with bzr://, especailly if http:// from
savannah works.

Tim Cross