Re: [Savannah-hackers] security with switch to CVS/Savannah

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] security with switch to CVS/Savannah
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:48:29 -0800

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 11:15:26AM -0500, Leonard H. Tower Jr. wrote:

>    I don't know much about what causes the FSF grief.  I do beleive that
>    cracker and vandal access can cause the GNU project grief.
>
>    We've had the thread before with rms - The general consensus among the
>    admins was that the threat was real enough to warrant adding the security
>    that we are now implementing.
>
> Why are my specific suggestions not needed?

It's not that they're not needed - it's that everyone is swamped, and the
previous security discussions used up so much brain space.  I suspect
that in 3 or 4 weeks, when Loic is back and packages have all settled it
will be worth going into specifics and deciding how these will be
implemented.

There's another thread somewhere which is talking about a rewrite of the
core to properly support i18n - this discussion should probably be
revived just before that happens.

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.