Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.or

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.org
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:46:52 +0000

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:40:36PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> The mail bounces to address@hidden -> triggers a lookup
> in the /etc/aliases file -> is sent to the correct e-mail address. Discussions
> (long ;-) about this problem are archived in the savannah-hackers mailing list
> archives. The conclusion was that the only way was to set the From: field.

You're right. And I just realize that the From: field should not have the
address that the developer is currently using to commit the changes, but
his/her "official" address in the database. Which brings me to another
question. Shouldn't a developer be automatically subscribed into
savannah-hackers when an ssh account is open for him? Once the account is open
he will try to commit cvs changes and (once the From: field is fixed) the log
message will be rejected by savannah-hackers if he's not subscribed (I
apologize it this has already been discussed).

Jaime