[Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:57:55 +0200

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > You're right; I will think of some test to prevent that. Ideally, in the
 > admin page for a project the administrators should be able to check some box
 > if they want cvs notifications being mailed somewhere; and the scripts that
 > controls that page should put the name of the project in the -T option; but
 > of
 > course I should change log_accum anyway.

        :-) That would be ideal. Furthermore an existing field in the
database can be changed to be used for that purpose. The 'use docman' flag
for instance.

 > Even though /cvs/emacs has been modified to forbid public access! viewcvs is
 > correctly configured; that is, it enters through savannah.gnu.org and not
 > through subversions.gnu.org. Unless somebody sees a problem with it, I will
 > eliminate the link from subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin to cvsweb to maintain the
 > privacy of the projects which need it.

        Some people certainly still use it. Could you add a redirect
to cvs at the httpd.conf level to translate cvsweb to viewcvs ?

 > On the other hand, you seem to confirm what I suspected: gnudocs should have
 > public access. Is that true? if that's the case then we should fix its
 > permissions: at this moment it is not accessible by users out of the
 > "gnudocs"
 > group (that's why I haven't update savannah.texi; I didn't know if I'd be
 > DTRT if I simply added myself to the gnudocs group).

        Note that the gnudoc is not in savannah (yes, the last one :-). I
postponed
this because there is planned migration of fp:/gd/gnuorg to CVS (some projects
created for this purpose) and gnudoc should be merged.

        Cheers,