[Savannah-hackers] Re: Boolean expression finder (was: hgrep and grep)

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Boolean expression finder (was: hgrep and grep)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:12:15 +0200

Richard Stallman writes:

 > you need.  There should be at least one, address@hidden, for
 > reporting bugs.  Please tell them whether you would like this list to
 > be open to the public or just an alias going to whoever you choose.
 > Also please say whether you would like to have a public archive of the
 > list.

        Savannah can now be used to create mailing lists for each
GNU package. Here is a candidate replacement for this paragraph:

 In order to create mailing lists that you need, you can register your
GNU package on http://savannah.gnu.org/. You will be able to create
mailing lists using the web interface. There should be at least one,
address@hidden, for reporting bugs. The Mailman interface will
allow you to control if it is open to the public or just an alias
going to whoever you choose. You will also be able to open the archive
to the public or not.

        It occurs to me that the current implementation of mailing lists
creation on Savannah prepends the name of the GNU package to the list name
instead of appending it as suggested in your mail. Guillaume who did
the implementation will be able to say if this can easily be changed or
not. Provided you consider this is better this way, of course.

        Cheers,