Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah & non GNU projects

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah & non GNU projects
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 01:17:40 +0200

Richard Stallman a écrit :

>             There is one good example. A project including a DocBook
>     manual was submitted.
>
> Note that a manual in DocBook format is entirely ok in a GNU package,
> provided it converts automatically into good Texinfo.  That should not
> be considered a problem.

FYI, and as far as I can tell, the project Loïc was refering to is more
a manual to explain DocBook usage than a document using DocBook for its
format ;)

Btw, this would be a valuable resource for the GNU project since many
people might be interested in providing docs for GNU tools in DocBook
format, which happens to be a more widely used standard than texi
outside our community ;))

Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)
Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org