[Savannah-hackers] RedHat Up To Date

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] RedHat Up To Date
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:18:56 +0200

        Hi,

        I told you in a previous mail that there would be no problem
to host this project on Savannah. In the meantime we faced the situation
of an increasing number of projects submitted that are not software
but support to organizations, web sites and patches to other software such
as the one you reported.

        Because we have limited time and resources to devote to
Savannah we decided to host only software and documentation projects
(when they are not part of the GNU project). Given the fact that
SourceForge costs hundreds of thousands of dollars every month to
implement a more liberal policy, I hope people will understand the GNU
project does not (yet ;-) have that kind of resources.

        Your project was at the border of this policy. It's not proper
software but it's patches to software. Savannah will accept that kind
of projects on a case by case basis. In the specific case of RedHat Up To
Date it was decided not to host it because they are patches to a
distribution that contains non free software.

        I apologize for the delay and the confusion I generated and I
hope you will accept our decision.

        Take care,