[Savannah-hackers] Re: mailings list for non GNU projects

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mailings list for non GNU projects
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:43:24 -0400

   I've finished testing mailing lists for non GNU projects. All PHP
   scripts and the cronjob has been updated for that purpose. I've
   installed the new copy of mailman in /home/fsf/freesoftware/mailman on
   fencepost. I've updated the mailman user contrab, the Apache
   configuration and Exim configuration.

Hmm.  It would be better if that could be stored on the mail disk
rather than /home/fsf; among other things, I generally take great
pains to make sure that the mail disk doesn't fill up and contains
only mail, whereas when /home/fsf fills up, I expect to send mail
asking people to clean up rather than preemptively installing tons of
disk space.  (This is in part because the FSF drags their feet buying
hard disks, and I just don't want to spend the energy to fight it in
this particular case.)  So if you have that mailman installation in
/home/fsf when it fills up, it's likely that some mail will get lost.