[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:56:20 +0200

Roland McGrath writes:
 > Ok, no problem.  Is there a reason not to nuke the old /cvs
 > so that people like me are forced to update their checkouts?

        The rationale is as follows.

        - nuke /cvs -> fatal errors -> people pissed when they don't want to
          take care of these problems
        - keep /cvs -> non fatal errors -> people pissed when they have time
          to investigate + fix

        In both case there is a loss of time, the idea is that removing the
old will impose action to people when they have other things in mind.

        If you think it's ok to kill the compatibility for hurd I can do it
right away.

        Cheers,