[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

>       - nuke /cvs -> fatal errors -> people pissed when they don't want to
>         take care of these problems
>       - keep /cvs -> non fatal errors -> people pissed when they have time
>         to investigate + fix

These are not the same people, however.  The latter group may not even know
they are pissed until later, when they are really pissed because they went
for however long without knowing that someone in the former group was
comitting changes that weren't using the expected scripts to notify them.

>       If you think it's ok to kill the compatibility for hurd I can do it
> right away.

Yes, do that for the hurd,gnumach,mig modules.

Thanks,
Roland