Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:00:19 +0200

> Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:06:28 -0700 (MST)
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
>     That page doesn't make it clear that it applies to my case: it doesn't
>     mention the two ways of entering the Emacs CVS repository, and thus it
>     is not clear that the phrase about the ``old password'' is talking,
>     among others, about moving from one method of accessing the repository
>     to the other.
>
> Could you show us the specific text which is not clear?

This one:

    Your savannah password is useless for cvs. You have to register a
    CVS/SSH Shared key in the Account Maintenance page for the machine
    from which you run cvs.

This talks about ``savannah password'', which didn't seem to apply in
my case, since I never had a savannah password.  What I did have was
a gnu.org password which I used for accessing CVS on subversions.

I think there should be text which specifically addresses people who
are migrating from pre-savannah subversions access to the current one.