Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of eMonkey

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of eMonkey
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:30:22 +0100

        Hi,

        In order to clarify the general policy of Savannah regarding
dependencies to non free software, we are going to add the following
(probably modified a bit) to the Services & Requirements.

----
        No dependencies to non free software

        Your software may not depend on non free software. In order to be
available to people who cannot use non free software, it has to be fully
usable with the existing Free Software operating systems and programs.
----

        Thank you for researching the possibility to run your software
using Free Software. From the text you sent it's not clear to me if
you're commited to this goal ?

        I know that when using Java it is a burden to care about the
availability of a Free Software implementation. Since most of them are
not very advanced, it also requires the software to give up some
funtionalities in exchange for freedom. People are often frustrated
by these limitations.

        Could you please submit your project again when you're decided
about the ability of your project to run on a Free Software Java
implementation ?

        Thanks in advance,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden