[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open version of \'Pla

From: wislaj23
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open version of \'Platnik\'
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 02:08:12 -0500

Artur Hefczyc <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Open version of \'Platnik\'
System name: janosik

Hello,

I am from Poland. We have Social Insurance Institution here named \'ZUS\'.
\'ZUS\' require paying taxes from all companies which hire more than
5 workers. It is OK.
However the only way too send documents about taxes paid by company
is through the application called \'Platnik\' (Payer). \'Platnik\' is
provided by one large company. To tell you the true \'Platnik\' is
free but it closed (closed source, specification and documentation).
Additionaly it require using MS Windows OS. Even if company uses
Linux, Solaris, SCO or whatever different OS must have at last one
computer with installed MS Windows to use \'Platnik\' which is not
free of course. It is not OK in our opinion.

We want to create alternative version of \'Platnik\'. Version which
will be truly free, open and available on all (or almost all)
common operating systems: GNU-Linux, Solaris, SCO, BE OS, MAC
OS, ... and so on and of course MS Windows.
Of course it is conformable to our law in Poland.
We simply want to give a \'chance to choice\' for all people which
must send documents to \'ZUS\'.

Initialy we want to create open-\'Platnik\' in Python and wxWindows
or GTK library. We can\'t exclude using other languages like
C/C++ or Java. We want to use LGPL for libraries and GPL for
other parts of application.

When I say \'we\' I mean \'Open Software Community\' in Poland.
You can see our pages on WWW at address:
http://www.opensourcepl.org/ (main pages of site)
http://www.opensourcepl.org/?dz=english (english version)

It does not exist yet but we are working on it.