Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of WinGNU

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of WinGNU
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:17:58 +0100

Dans un message du 14 déc à 19:47, address@hidden écrivait :
> My project isn\'t exactly part of the GNU project itself, but it will
> ulimatly aim to become the GNU implementation of windows. I basically
> want to do for Windows, what the GNU project has done for UNIX. The
> first part will be to more or less gather the current free software
> for Windows and put it in a singular library. The reason I need a
> service like this, is that after finding some the avalible software, I
> will need a way to maintain unmaintianed projects, modify some of the
> existing ones, redirect some missguided ones to better fit with the
> WinGNU operating system, and it will also be used to start new
> projects that aren\'t avalible yet to buildsome of the pieces. Some
> examples are, for the kernel, the ReactOS kernel would be good, the
> site would privode a way for people to find it and help out there.

Unless I am mistaken, your project would be a collection of different
software. Unfortunately, Savannah is not designed for this. I suggest
you to register separately each component, you want to be hosted here.
Furthermore, I ask you to not use the word 'GNU' in your project name
since it is not part of the GNU project in order to avoid confusion for
everyone.

Thanks for your understanding.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

     Tu veux que les gens réagissent ? Alors commence par réagir (Lofofora)