Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CIVproject

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CIVproject
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:55:19 +0000

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 06:40:58PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Gauthier DELERCE <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: CIVproject
> System name: civ
>
> This project support the development of Correlation Imaging Velocimetry
> Techniques.
>
> A previous website is still online at http://www.civproject.org

Hi,
please resubmit your project giving us a more detailed explanation. The URL
you gave us only explains what CIV is but not what your project is: is there
source code already written? if yes, we need to look at it; if not, we want to
know your design plans: in which language will it be written? will it run in a
free platform without depending on any non-free software? do you really need
to do everything from scratch or are you going to use some other free
software? etc. By the way, I suggest you give it a more specific name; civ is
too general; you are not inventing CIV but some implementation of it.

By the way, your old webpage http://www.civproject.org gives some annoying
repeating messages in my browser because it does not support ShockWave (a
non-free product). Could that be the reason why I just see a definition of CIV
in your page?

Regards,
Jaime